Let me start by admitting something: I really made a mess of my Azure AD tenants over time 🙂 If you’re career is anything like mine, you probably know how it is to have multiple Azure subscriptions, MSDN subscriptions and Azure AD tenants (which are at the root of all of your Azure activities). And since it’s spring time and all, I decided it could use a little cleaning up. And so I started moving stuff over to the subscriptions I want to use and deleting the left overs.
Somewhere in this process I might have been a little bit too enthused about throwing stuff away. And I ended up with the following situation:
- I had an Azure AD tenant, linked to one of my custom domains.
- The subscription linked to the tenant was deleted (or expired, not sure).
- Within the tenant I had only one user left, which was user, not admin.