Month: October 2008

SharePoint and Analysis Services: The connection either timed out or was lost

In my last post, I wrote about enabling access to SQL Server Analysis cubes by specifying an account for impersonation. It now seems that’s not the way to go because I started receiving security validation errors with impersonation set to any account. I think that’s caused because SharePoint detects a difference between the user actually

Read more

Cannot complete this action. Please try again.

This is the error message I was getting on one of my SharePoint sites. I was really lost and ended up creating a new site hooked up to the old content db, after which is was working again. Except for one part of the site which involved getting data from a SQL Server Analysis Server

Read more