VS Designer throwing ‘Operation could not be completed’ error.

Today, while working with the Linq designer, my Visual Studio installation started throwing errors at me. They stated ‘Operation could not be completed’ followed by some Dutch nonsence which didn’t help much.

At first, I thought this had to do with me altering the database structure and then opening the Linq designer again. I tried deleting some of the altered tables in the designer files, but that didn’t help. Then I (quite randomly) clicked the database connection in the Server Explorer. It threw another error stating the application event log was full. I checked and that message was correct. After clearing the log, the errors disappeared and everything worked well again. So when you encountred this error: clear your application event log!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *